Thursday, August 25, 2011

Clarifying Timeframes

Well, Chris has given me my first opportunity to blog! I've never done this before. But as Chris says, I need to practice my mathematical proficiency skill of communication.  I AM a lifelong learner!  I AM a lifelong learner!

We have been getting lots of questions about suggested timeframes on the curriculum guides.  Thanks for the feedback! We have changed the wording from weeks, to number of school days. School days are days in school when students are in math class (and that's every day! Right math lovers???). And please remember- these are suggested timeframes. Your mileage may vary.

We also added a bit of padding to the days in the first unit at every grade level. We know how important it is to set up your learning community and classroom routines. We wanted to give you plenty of time to determine what your students know, what your students need, as well as establish the managerial aspects of your classroom. This will free up your kid's attention from "What do I do when I have to go to the bathroom?" to "How many blocks do I have and how do I know?"

No comments:

Post a Comment